Friday, January 13, 2017

WM2077CW basic maintenance parts replacement?

Hey all...thanks in advance for any and all support. I havent had to post here in a while because everything has been running smooothly...knock on wood.

My sister in law has an LG WM2077CW washer, and it works fine. The issue is that the inner door gasket, the big thick fat wide one where the door closes is stained dark black and smeels and looks mildew-y, as does the washer as a whole. This is despite using washing machine cleaning tablets/chemicals on a fairly regular basis.

What I would like to know is that if I change that gasket for the hell of it, just to put a new clean, non-stained one on, is there anything else in the system I should replace as well since I would have the machine broken down that far? Any other gaskets or hoses internally that would contribute to the mildew smell that I should replace? Anything else I should clean/disinfect to get as thorough a clean in the system as I can get so that I can eliminate the mildew smell coming from the machine? And yes, the door is always left open after a wash.

via WM2077CW basic maintenance parts replacement?
by maussimo010

No comments:

Post a Comment