Saturday, January 14, 2017

Rattling LG Front Loader mostly during spin up and spin down

Hi,

My LG washer started making this noise about a year ago (it's a little over three years old) but doesn't seem to be getting any worse. It occurs mainly during spin up and spin down (not at full speed, although when empty is does make some noise). I notice it mostly during diagnostic mode, when I spin the drum to pump out excess water after use. I always wipe the door and gasket and keep the door totally open when not in use (never any mold problems). Machine is very level and strainer is clean. I've wondered if using diagnostic mode to pump out excess water is harmful to the machine but I don't see how it can be.

Here is a link to the Youtube video (with sound, of course) showing this: LG Front Load HE Washer Model 2250 rattling noise - YouTube

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

via Rattling LG Front Loader mostly during spin up and spin down
by NorthernVAguy

No comments:

Post a Comment