Wednesday, January 18, 2017

LE Error on LG WT1201CV Top Load Washer (And I don't think it's the hall sensor)

Hi Everyone,

I've got a bit of a weird one here. I have an LG WT1201CV top load washer. Last summer, we started getting an "LE" error on every second load. I looked up some info and I replaced the hall sensor. Things seemed to get better for a while, with only the occasional LE error. When the error would initially happen, it was usually before the high speed spin at the end of the cycle.

A couple days ago, I can't run the thing at all. I get LE during the load sensing stage, right before the machine should start filling and spinning the tub.

Here's what I have tried:

-Went into diagnostic mode. Everything seems to work fine up until the high speed spin setting, then it reverts to "LE."
-The tub seems to spin freely on its own by hand. Doesn't make a noise and doesn't feel stuck or seized
-The hall sensor passes the Ohms test (I get resistance on terminals 1 to 5 and 2 to 5)
-The hall sensor is putting out 10 VDC, cycling on and off as you turn the tub (like its supposed to, I think). Should it go right to zero?
-The board seems to be supplying 15 DCV to the hall sensor, so I think the board is doing its job
-I inspected the rotor and there are no broken or cracked magnets
-The stator reads resistance across all terminals

What the heck is going on?!

I repaired restaurant equipment for 5 years, so I have some working knowledge of appliances and how to troubleshoot, but this is stumping me! All the individual components seem fine but I still can't run the darn thing. I kinda want to say it's the board, but I don't want to spend the money on being wrong.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

via LE Error on LG WT1201CV Top Load Washer (And I don't think it's the hall sensor)
by BenPog

No comments:

Post a Comment