Monday, January 2, 2017

Frigidaire Stacked Washer Dryer Combo - Washer won't respond

I have a Frigidaire Laundry Center model # FFLE4033QT0
It is exactly 1 yr old. The washer has stopped responding / working, however the dryer works fine. The washer controls do not respond at all no sounds beeps or anything when turning or pressing knobs. It will not enter diagnostics or reset. So I dug into it and I have taken the washer main control board (part# 5304500488) out. I opened the plastic cover and found that there is a burnt spot on the board where the 3 wires that come from the motor control board (part# 808653801) attach to it. The "pins" on the main circuit board are burnt and blown off the board (where the plastic plug with the wires attach to it). One of the printed circuits is bubbled up from the current that went though it. It shows the connection to be J16 on the wiring diagram in the service booklet I found inside the machine.

I need help knowing what to do or to check for so that I don't buy a new board or boards just to have them pop and burn when I install them. Obviously some voltage / current either came from the motor control board or went out this connection to the motor control board... I can use a multi-meter and am familiar with trouble shooting but I need help guiding me on what I'm looking for with the meter, resistance values, continuity, open closed circuits, etc...
The drive motor itself says it is 3 phase, I assume DC, so with my knowledge of AC motors this means the 3 terminals should ohm out equal, can somebody confirm this?

Thanks,
Mike

Click image for larger version.  Name: IMG_1811.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 278.0 KB  ID: 31642Click image for larger version.  Name: IMG_1813.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 310.4 KB  ID: 31643Click image for larger version.  Name: IMG_1814.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 371.5 KB  ID: 31644
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version.  Name: IMG_1811.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 278.0 KB  ID: 31642   Click image for larger version.  Name: IMG_1813.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 310.4 KB  ID: 31643   Click image for larger version.  Name: IMG_1814.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 371.5 KB  ID: 31644  

via Frigidaire Stacked Washer Dryer Combo - Washer won't respond
by MDM

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a loose and or dirty connection, in my experience.

    ReplyDelete