Monday, April 15, 2019

WT5101HV Wash Plate Not Releasing from Drive Shaft Spindle

I have an LG WT5101HV Wave Force Top Loading Washer.

I need to replace the Washer Drive Shaft and Shifter Assembly. To do this I need to remove the Wash Plate and Wash Tub.

I have been following a Repair Clinic Video. The specific spot on the video appears at approximately 1:29 minutes of the 9:13 minute video.



It's a great video and very clear except they are demonstrating on a new washer where every part is easy to remove.

I have removed the Wash Cap and the 10mm bolt / screw securing the Wash Plate. But no matter how I try I can't get the WASH PLATE to release off of the Drive Shaft Spindle.

  • I have tried wiggling it from side to side.
  • I have placed coat hanger hooks into the 3 alignment holes for the Wash Cap and tried pulling it off.
  • I have place a polypropylene rope under and across the bottom of the Wash Plate so as to pull it loose.
  • I am pulling in both instances with such force that I can actually lift the Suspension Wash Tub up several inches. I do this in hopes of shaking or breaking the Wash Plate loose.



But still it will not break free.

Any suggestions please on how to release this Plastic Wash Plate?

Thanks

via WT5101HV Wash Plate Not Releasing from Drive Shaft Spindle
by Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment