Friday, April 19, 2019

Anyone have any advice

I was looking at the thread by Jyn and I have the same issue.
I have the above model Whirlpool Duet washer and the spider has broken.
My machine does list lifetime warranty on the stainless steel drum.

I called Whirlpool today and I guess, because unfortunately I live in Canada and have to deal with the Canadian office they are telling me that because I took unit apart to find cause (not to mention I don’t want to (nor can I afford ) pay exorbitant fees to have appliance tech come out to diagnose my lifetime warranty is now void.
They also say they will NOT supply parts under warranty for me to install because they are concerned about liabilities. But they certainly will sell me the parts to install myself.

The broken spider has caused the front tub to be chewed up and as far as I can see, the rear tub with seal should be replaced also.

Would anyone be able to give me some guidance?

Thank you in advance.

via Anyone have any advice
by Bob 60

No comments:

Post a Comment