Wednesday, March 6, 2019

GE HydroWave Washer stops after Wash cycle

My GE Hydrowave washer stops working after completing the drain portion of the wash cycle. This occurs about 22-25 minutes into the run time from the initial Fill. The agitator works as it should through the wash mode and if I turn the machine off as soon as the water drains and let it sit for 45 minutes I can then change the wash selection to quick rinse and it will finish the cycle including the spin cycle. If I don’t stop it at the end of the wash cycle the machine only makes noise (after completing the wash cycle and drain) for a few minutes and then cuts off. If I try to change was selection at this point it just goes back to trying the wash mode but only makes noise and no water, spin, or draining of water.
I read several posts and this is what I think i know:
The red light on the motor blinks a full second and is continuous. From what I have read this means it is not detecting a fault code.
I have also tried the one minute motor reset but this does not work. It goes back to being stuck at the end of the wash mode each attempt.
I pulled the vacuum hose and made sure it was clean and reinstalled. Nothing changed.
I disconnected the hoses and pulled the water inlet valve out, cleaned the filters, and reinstalled. Problem still exists.
The belt is connected properly and is in good condition.
This washer required installation of a new control board within the first 90 days that we owned it. The machine had totally quit working when that solution was rendered. It has worked as it should since that repair four years ago.
I am thinking it may be the control panel again or possibly the timer? Any suggestions are always appreciated. Thanks.

via GE HydroWave Washer stops after Wash cycle
by DailyStruggles

No comments:

Post a Comment