Monday, March 25, 2019

Clicking in first agitation cycle.

I have a Kenmore 110.1882700 top loading washing machine. Last week I replaced the motor, (It had a burnt smell); and the water pump, (while I was at it). At the same time I also replaced the cam agitator kit, because a few dogs had broken off.
Well, less than a week later I get a clicking sound ONLY during the first agitation cycles. Also, before the clicking starts, I get a light metallic sound coming from somewhere in the drive train, (I think). I just rechecked and reset the cam agitator kit, (even though it looked fine). I haven’t dismantled the machine again, yet.
Do you think my problem is with the transmission, the clutch or the washer drive and brake assembly? I don’t have a clue. I’m prepared to replace all three in one swoop rather than fine tune it because my machine is ten years old and they don’t manufacture decent 24” top loading machines anymore; (the only size that will fit in my small condo washer closet). And I would rather refurbish, than go with a front loader. (I don’t like the idea of having to open the door with the machine half full some day with water leaking down on a litigious neighbor. Also, the 24" models aren't getting rave reviews and they require more expensive detergent). ) So do you think that might solve my problem or should I start with something simpler?
One more thing. The last time I had it apart I found that the basket was stuck on the machine. I saw a video online using the special nut remover tool, (which I have), 2 c-clamps, and a bar of metal, to pry it loose. Does that sound about right? (I will need to remove the basket to change the aforementioned parts, if necessary). So if you could point to a better video if this method doesn't sound right that would be nice.
This is the basket removal video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6iyR8KcqMQ)
Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

via Clicking in first agitation cycle.
by babarebopper

No comments:

Post a Comment