Sunday, December 11, 2016

Samsung washer not getting water, no error codes

I'm getting some strange behavior with my Samsung front load washer. Yesterday we did a load in it, checked the clothes and they were perfectly dry, the washer went through it's entire cycle with no water and no error codes.

I tried restarting it, you could hear the pump start for a few seconds, then stop and the washer would start it's cycle as if nothing was wrong. I cleaned the filter on the bottom front, even thought I had recently done it, but it was unobstructed and it made no difference. Then I moved the drain hose up and down a couple of times and could hear water gurgling and the hose felt heavy. I tried starting it again and away it went, filled with water and did the load, there was no water left at the end of the cycle so it drained ok.

The next load I had to go through the same exercise, wiggling the drain hose seemed to free something up and it would fill with water, if I didn't the pump would go on for a few seconds, but pump no water, and the washer would continue on as if normal, again no error codes show up.

I thought if there was a drainage block it would give an error code of some sort, and/or not drain properly. I just ran an empty cycle and had to do the same drain hose routine to get it to fill, it ran its cycle and finished with no issues.


Any ideas what is wrong and how to fix?


thanks in advance

via Samsung washer not getting water, no error codes
by Glen_S

No comments:

Post a Comment