Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Frigidaire Affinity Washer not draining/pausing mid-cycle

So I've already been a few rounds with this washer and am prepared for another LAST battle here. After replacing the main control panel, the water intake and the latch striker, I'm again faced with issues.

This time, the cycle stops midway through. And it seems as though it's at the point when it's about to go through its spin cycle. At first, it just paused for a while and would eventually spin. But now it seems as though it's stopped all that and just isn't functioning.

My first inclination given what I've read is that it's got a clogged drain. When I put it on spin cycle, I hear a hum...the water doesn't drain...the spin cycle doesn't start. But now I'm thinking maybe it's the drain pump. But maybe that hum is the pump simply not being able to pull water through the clog?

Now given the giant pain in the ass that it looks to be to replace this drain pump...or even get at the drain, I figured I'd ask around to see if anyone has any other thoughts as to what this might be as I slowly start to dismantle it. Or even better, if there's an easy way to get to said drain/ drain pump that doesn't involve removing the dryer that is on top of this machine, dismantling the front of it, and, well, the rest of the process to get at this area, which looks to be a pain in the ass so large that I'm already wanting to use this washer as a sparring partner.

Someone please. Help me prevent the swelling of my knuckles. I'm too old for this.

via Frigidaire Affinity Washer not draining/pausing mid-cycle
by MasonAbridged

No comments:

Post a Comment