Monday, December 26, 2016

Maytag 2000 series front load washer

Good day guys,
Over last few months, we had a couple wash cycles finish with clothes still wet as if the high speed spin didn't kick in.
But this has only happened a hand full of times over the a total of 60-100 cycles. I noticed I have a scraping noise
coming from my washer when I spin the tub ( by hand) and thinking it was going to be the bearings.
I took machine apart and when I did, I noticed the noise was coming from around the drive motor. When I took the belt off,
the noise pretty much diminished. When I put belt back on the noise starts again. Belt seems to be in good shape,
but it is six years old. Is this the belt making the noise or is this the drive motor beginning to go bad. When I spin motor
by hand its pretty quiet when belt is off, when belt is on.. not so much. Thank-You

via Maytag 2000 series front load washer
by md80

No comments:

Post a Comment