Thursday, May 30, 2019

Saga of Samsung washer (model # wa422prhdwr/aa ) continues

This is effectively a bump of this thread: https://www.applianceblog.com/mainfo...-in-spin-cycle

I wanted to tinker with it a bit more, and I took off the pump assembly, which seemed to be the cause of most of my problems. Sometimes it would drain fine, sometimes not. I thought something might be stuck inside, and I replaced the pump in 2015, so I figured it wasn't the pump.

So, I took the pump off, took the impeller case off and it seems fine, it turns ok and no clogs. So then I hooked up an e-meter to the power inputs to the pump to see if it was receiving power, and I'll be damned if it was. So, it seems like the control board is sending power to the pump as per normal, but the pump doesn't seem to be working.

Thing is, it's a fairly simple A/C motor. power goes in one end, induces a magnetic field that runs the pump. There's not really a lot of things on it that can break. And the impeller turns freely.

Could it be the pump after all? Do pumps go bad after 3 years..........again? I guess I bought the first on in 2012, and replaced it in 2015, and here I am 4 years later, but 4 years for a washer pump that I use twice a weeks seems abysmally poor.

Trick is, the memorial day sales are going to expire next week, and if I can't fix it AND I miss the sale prices on new ones, I'm going to be slightly miffed.

Any thoughts? Just get a new pump?

*Update*

I plugged in the electrical leads halfway onto the prongs on the pump, and hooked up the e-meter to the pump electrical prongs while plugged in, and I couldn't read any electrical potential between the prongs. Then I unplugged the pump motor, and got a solid voltage reading on the power leads from the control board.

Does this mean there is a lack of continuity in the pump, which would mean it is busted?

via Saga of Samsung washer (model # wa422prhdwr/aa ) continues
by Barry O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment